Mindful living as a Daily Practice and Lifestyle
The keyword is acceptance. Mindfulness is about thinking and feeling without judgement. It’s about not letting your past or future confine your natural breathing pattern, the way you feel or the way you think. Focus on the Now. Breathe. Have full awareness of you. Be appreciative and thankful. Smile. Express gratitude to God for your wellbeing. Breathe. Feel bodily sensations in the present. Life is a gift, acknowledge it. Breathe.
INVEST IN YOURSELF: Mindfulness improves wellbeing, mental health and physical health. Take a self-care day!
A few techniques are:
- Being intentional about living in the present moment
- Prayer & fasting
- Deep breathing
- Practicing acceptance of the past and future
- Focusing on bodily sensations
- Sensory – reactivating your five senses
- Emotions without judgment
- Urge surfing which is coping with cravings to ultimately let them go.
- Build and maintain a sacred space. What would this look like for you? We surely know what it would feel like: home, comfort, peace, serenity.
Create your own prayer room, more info here.
Isaiah 43:18-19, NIV Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
Matthew 6:34, NIV Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Romans 12:2, ESV Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Psalm 118:24, ESV This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.