Anxiety disorder can be either acute or chronic. Acute manifests itself into episodes referred to panic attacks. The body produces adrenal hormones which causes the body to step up it’s metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates to quickly produce energy for the body to use.
Below are herbal remedies to alleviate anxiety. For additional recommendations, herbal precautions, essential nutrient / dietary changes and identifying the root cause, book your Herbal Remedy consultation with Detox Dandy at http://www.visibook.com/detoxdandy.
Herbs: catnip, chamomile, bilberry, ginger, milk thistle, passionflower, kava kava, skullcap, valerian root, ephedra, motherwort, ragweed, ginko.
- Increase magnesium intake via supplements or topical form such as mineral salt, dead sea salt, epsom salt.
- Chinese suction cup therapy (5 minutes equates to 30 minutes of deep tissue massage), acupuncture, and/or massages for ultimate tension relief.
See Detox Dandy’s Mindful Living tab for additional recommendations. We also encourage you to attend our weekly meditations at Good Vibes Wellness.
- Repeat positive affirmations whenever you doubt yourself.
- Begin a morning stretches, deep breathing and meditation routine to ease your tension, embrace life more openly and think clearly.
- Exercise more. A workout schedule will not only improve your physiological attribute but will also benefit your mental mindset. The rush of endorphins throughout your body will send happy signals to your brain.
- Be outside – learn to love to be outdoors. Read a book, do your work, go for a hike, walk around small stores and cafes within your community, smile, let go of modern day worries, let in happiness and thankfulness.
- Start a gratitude journal. Everyday morning, afternoon or night reflect on the joys of living life abundantly which will in turn help you appreciate everyday more and more.
- Take a nice long afternoon night. Avoid distractions. No technology, close curtains remove any bright lights and focus on your breathing until you fall into a deep sleep.
- Use a natural diffuser to diffuse essential oils such as sandalwood (relaxation), lavender (mood uplifter), rosemary (invigorating), citrus (energy booster) and clove / cinnamon (warming).
- Book a Mineral Foot Soak with Detox Dandy’s herbal spa therapy at http://www.visibook.com/detoxdandy.
- Scrub with soothing soaps. Cinnamon Coconut, Cedarwood Warmth, Soothing Sandalwood and Luscious Lavender are just a few of the most relaxing soaps provided by Detox Dandy.
- Light soy based candles.
- Use aromatic pouches: eucalyptus (awareness & stimulation), lavender (mood uplifter), cedarwood (calmer) and more.
- Drink therapeutic tea blends: chamomile will help with sleep and muscle relaxation. See ‘Insomnia‘ for similar blends.
Sources: (Balch, Phyllis A. Prescription For Nutritional Healing. 5th ed. N.p.: Avery, 2010. Print.)