A cold is an infection of the upper respiratory tract caused by a virus.
Nutrients: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, garlic, zinc, B-complex, olive leaf extract
- Astragalus helps fight infection
- Andrographis improves the body’s ability to fight viruses caused by cold or flu
- Wild pansy, boneset, catnip enemas, cat’s claw, chuan xin lian, echinacea and goldenseal combination extract
- Herbal teas – ginger, pau d’arco, slippery elm, yarrow
- Mullein for cough and congestion
- Red clover to clear toxins in lymphatic system
- Diffuse cooling oils eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary for congestion
- Try out Detox Dandy’s Eucalyptus Evergreen
- Drink lots of hot fluids such as soup and decaffeinated herbal teas.
- Exercise to loosen mucus and congestive fluids.
Source: (Balch, Phyllis A. Rescription For Nutritional Healing. 5th ed. N.p.: Avery, 2010. Print.)