Splitting up meals into the four food categories known as Food Combinations is highly recommended for individuals experiencing indigestion, slowed metabolism, weak immune system and leaky gut ailments. This mindful eating routine is also sought to prevent and reduce inflammation caused by an acidic environment within your stomach, liver and intestines.
Detoxinista shares the four general categories shown below:
- You should always wait at least 3 hours between each meal and changing categories.
- Fruit is to be eaten in the morning (never in the evening) as it digests easily and may cause fermentation in your intestines. Bloating, gas, and indigestion are a sign of bacteria overgrowth in your body. Melons should always be eaten alone.
Raw Food Explained goes into detail about Acid-Starch Combinations and Protein Carbohydrate Combinations. Dr. Vetrano explains the reason for these rules and ways to implement them into your daily meals.
AcidAlkalineDiet.Net shares the Food Combination Principles:
- Never eat carbohydrate foods and acid foods at the same meal.
- Never eat a concentrated protein and a concentrated carbohydrate at the same meal.
- Never consume two concentrated proteins at the same meal.
- Do not consume proteins with fats.
- Do not eat acid fruits with proteins.
- Do not consume starches and sugars together.
- Eat but one concentrated starch food at a meal.
- Eat sugars (fruits) and starchy foods at separate meals.
- Do not consume melons with any other foods.
- Milk is best taken alone, or let alone.