Signs of anemia are clear: loss of breath, blurred vision, fatigue, loss of appetite and cold hands.
Below are simple herbal supplementations to increase your iron intake. Take in small doses to prevent constipation. For additional recommendations, herbal precautions and dietary changes, book Detox Dandy’s Essential Nutrition program at http://www.visibook.com/detoxdandy.
Herbs: alfalfa, biberry, cherry, dandelion, goldenseal, grapeskins, hawthornberry, pau d’arco, shepard’s purse, yellow dock, goldenseal, oregon grape, nettle and dark green leafy greens.
Herbal Remedies: a juice cleanse with dark leafy greens such as collards, rainbow chard, dandelion, spinach and add carrots for a sweet/less bitter taste.
- Increase circulation throughout the body. Try Chinese suction cup therapy, acupuncture or even a massage.
- Take a mineral salt bath with warm water.
- Eat more apples! 2-3 organic apples may fulfill your daily iron requirement.
- One tablespoon of black molasses is high in iron and essential B vitamins.
- Folic acid with biotin for red blood cell formation.
- B-12 injections as prescribed by a physician for red blood cell production.
Sources: (Balch, Phyllis A. Prescription For Nutritional Healing. 5th ed. N.p.: Avery, 2010. Print.)
Check out our program here!