An alkaline diet is known to increase your body’s immune system, overall energy and ensure your organs are functioning properly. Balancing pH levels and creating a less acidic environment can fight inflammation and the prevent long term diseases. Introducing whole fruits and vegetables to your diet will assist your body in a neutralizing process and eliminate any excess acid.
Acidalkalinediet.net shares the following example alkalizing foods:
Vegetables include: Beets, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Kale, Lettuce, Onions, Peas, Peppers, Spinach
Fruits: Apple, Banana, Berries, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Melon, Lemon, Orange, Peach, Pear, Watermelon
Protein: Almonds, Chestnuts, Tofu
Spices: Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Sea Salt
In addition, it’s important to follow a strict food combination routine to better assist with digestion and ultimate nutrient intake. A properly consumed meal will cause no disruption, inflammation or damage to the intestines.
Food Combination Principles as shared by acidalkalinediet.net are:
- Never eat carbohydrate foods and acid foods at the same meal.
- Never eat a concentrated protein and a concentrated carbohydrate at the same meal.
- Never consume two concentrated proteins at the same meal.
- Do not consume proteins with fats.
- Do not eat acid fruits with proteins.
- Do not consume starches and sugars together.
- Eat but one concentrated starch food at a meal.
- Eat sugars (fruits) and starchy foods at separate meals.
- Do not consume melons with any other foods.
Check out our program here!