Aging is the result of the breakdown of nucleic acids, proteins and cell structures caused by the presence of free radicals.
Here are simple ways to combat aging. For additional recommendations and herbal spa therapy, book your anti-aging clay mask with Detox Dandy at http://www.visibook.com/detoxdandy.
Herbs: Burdock root and red clover to cleanse the blood stream. Echinacea helps to boost the immune system. Garlic protects the heart and immune system. Ginseng and ginkgo biloba extract assist with energy, brain function and increasing circulation.
Additional herbs: horsetail, licorice root, milk thistle, nettle, valerian root and wild yam.
- Go vegan! Alkalinity from proper plant based nutrition promotes a healthy immune system and excellent skin. Book with Detox Dandy for our Essential Nutrition program at http://www.visibook.com/detoxdandy/.
- Drink 8 oz of lemon water each morning to enhance facial complexion.
- Dry brushing and Chinese suction cupping promote healthier skin. They work to remove cellulite by increasing blood circulation and full drainage capacity of the lymphatic system.
- Bentonite clay masks help tighten the skin and supports topical magnesium intake.
- Increase omega 3 and 6 ingestion such as chia seeds, flax seeds and avocados.
- Always keep your skin and sensitive facial areas such as under your eyes, moisturized. Use a small amount of coconut oil during the day. Not in excessive amounts – if so, your body will stop compensating the production of natural skin oils in the belief that it is already moist. At night, clear pores with mineral salt dissolved in warm water. Repeat daily.
- Stay hydrated with water. Make sure to drink at least 2 liters per day. Most stress lines and wrinkles form due to a lack of hydration.
- Remove as much oil and fat from your diet as possible. Fat stores toxins in your body.
- Fast one day per week to stimulate metabolism and support toxin elimination.
- Increase antioxidant intake such as blueberries, raspberries, acai and more.
- Live with minimal stress by embracing good nutrition as well as developing healthy relationships, habits and overall living practices. Introduce aromatherapy, positive affirmations and a weekly detox routine to your life.
- Daily exercise will stimulate toxin elimination by supporting circulation and digestion. You also release endorphins which is an ultimate stress reliever and works in wrinkle prevention. An hour of exercise per day at least five days a week will keep cellulite at bay.
Source: (Balch, Phyllis A. Prescription For Nutritional Healing. 5th ed. N.p.: Avery, 2010. Print.)