Hypertension is abnormally high blood pressure. It is a recording of 140-159 systolic over 90-99 diastolic. Factors that contribute are: stress, diet and lack of exercise. These increase risk for heart attack, stroke, heart failure, kidney disease, vision loss and metabolic syndrome.
- Whole Foods, plant based, oil free diet – check out Detox Dandy’s Overall Health & Wellness Program for proper plant based nutrition.
- Drink suma tea three times daily, herbal teas such as dandelion root, chamomile, lemon verbana
- Eliminate all caffeinated drinks, teas and foods such as chocolate
- Eliminate cooking oils completely and reduce saturated fat intake
- Eat lots of fiber and oat bran
- 16 oz of fresh juice each morning or a full juice cleanse using cucumber, beet, carrot, celery, parsley, spinach, lemon, lime
- Kangen water 9.5 can control blood sugar, blood pressure and hypertension
Ways to alleviate:
- Record blood pressure often
- Reduce stress (see Anxiety) by practicing deep breathing, herbal teas, introducing mindful habits, aromatherapy using a natural diffuser for calming essential oils
- Remove salt significantly or completely from your diet
- GABA supplement
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep and take naps when necessary
- Only light exercise such as walking. Try not to overexert yourself throughout the day.
Basil, cinnamon, cardamom, garlic, hawthorn (prevents clot formation and increases blood circulation), celery seed (diuretic), french lavender (induces relaxation), cat’s claw (acts on calcium channels in your cells), cayenne, chamomile, fennel, hawthron berries, parsley, rosemary, hops and valerian root together (to calm nerves).
Nutrients: calcium, coenzyme Q10, garlic, selenium, Vitamin E, Vitamin C
Source: (Balch, Phyllis A. Rescription For Nutritional Healing. 5th ed. N.p.: Avery, 2010. Print.)